Focus on prevention, mitigation, and wellness program
Congruent Solutions, a leading technology solutions and outsourced plan administration services provider to the Retirement Plan industry in the US, has announced a series of initiatives to support its employees and their families during the COVID – 19 pandemic. These initiatives are focused on prevention through vaccination programs, mitigation through COVID insurance, and organizing physical and mental wellness programs.
Details of the programs:
- To provide a safe and healthy work environment, the company is organizing a free vaccination camp that will cover employees, their spouses, children, and parents & parents-in-law. This drive is being organized in partnership with Kauvery Hospital, Chennai.
- The exclusive COVID medical insurance policy covers eligible employees and their direct dependents. The policy will cover hospitalization expenses and home care expenditures incurred due to treatment of COVID-19. The policy is sponsored entirely by the company without co-pay. This COVID policy is available in addition to the existing General Health Insurance available to employees.
- Employees affected can avail of paid leave during recovery.
- Emergency financial support to employees who require help to cover medical expenses.
- A special one-time bonus was paid to employees for their contribution during the pandemic.
- ‘Congruent Benefits & Support’ is an active WhatsApp group that keeps the company in constant touch with employees and provides instant alerts. The company has also set up a dedicated HR Desk & helpline numbers to address queries regarding insurance cover. The company actively maintains a log of COVID-19 affected employees to provide timely support through its networks and internal forums.
- Employee wellness programs such as yoga and meditation sessions are conducted regularly to promote employees’ physical and mental health. Various engaging and fun activities are also planned.
Commenting on the initiatives, Muthumala S – Head of Human Resources at Congruent Solutions, said, “The COVID-19 pandemic has impacted our lives in ways we couldn’t have imagined. At Congruent, we strive to provide a safe and secure environment for our employees. The initiatives we have launched will empower our employees and their families and provide the confidence to deal with any contingencies that arise due to COVID-19 infection. We are constantly engaging with them to ensure we can support them during these difficult times.”