AVANE SRIMANNARAYANA is a fantasy adventure comedy movie. It is a period movie based on the journey for the hunt of a treasure filled with plenteous mystery.
- The movie shall be presented as a new genre by name – ‘SOUTHERN ODD FICTION’
- In pursuit of solving a long held mystery in the town of Amaravati, centered on missing ‘loot’, NARAYANA – a quirky new cop in town, has to get past the much dreaded ‘JAIRAM’ – leader of the dacoit clan by name Abhiras and ‘TUKARAM’ – a cunning politician.
* RAKSHIT SHETTY – Plays NARAYANA, a cop.
* SHANVI SRIVATSAVA – LAKSHMI, A videographer.
* BALAJI MANOHAR – JAIRAM, leader of the dacoit clan ‘Abhiras’.
* PRAMOD SHETTY – TUKARAM, politician and the founder of ‘Shantipriya’ party.
* MADHUSUDAN RAO – RAMRAM, JAIRAM’s father and the original leader of the Abhiras.
* ACHYUT KUMAR – ACHYUTHANNA, head constable and sidekick of Narayana.
* GOPALAKRISHNA DESHPANDE – BANDMASTER, an unfortunate victim and a key to the mystery.
And a plethora of other characters like a TREASUR HUNTER, SUPARI FOUR, SECRET FOUR, GOONS OF AMARAVATI, PRESS REPORTER, etc.
WHY DID WE CHOOSE TO GO PAN INDIA?
- The story and the screenplay that took 18 months of writing, has a universal appeal that can provide wholesome entertainment for audiences across demographics. The story packs enough chills, thrills and laughs for anyone to have a good time.
- (need input)
WHAT IS THE EMOTIONAL CONNECT FOR PAN INDIA AUDIENCE WITH ASN?
– The story is set in the fictional town of ‘Amaravathi’ (a town with its own quirky sensibilities and a unique geography) makes it so that it can be a town set almost anywhere in India, making Narayana an Indian story rather than a story of a particular state.
– The protagonist is witty, funny and adventurous
– Dubbing in other languages have been carefully taken care of. Enough time has been spent on the writing and the dubbing process to ensure that each language version sounds as native as possible.
– HINDI: Sanjay Upadhyay, HUSSAIN HAIDRY(wrote the hindi dialogues. Is also the dialogue writer of the upcoming karanjohar movie ‘Taqht’)
– TAMIL: KN Vijay Kumar – TELUGU: Rajesh Moorthy MALAYALAM: SatishMuthsukulam
WHAT IS THE USP OF THE FILM?
The movie sets up a fantasy world that is as unique as it is lavish. The visual experience is as rich as the story.
– The movie has been mostly shot in dry lands and in sets comprising of ‘COWBOY PUB’, ‘FORT EXTERIORS’, ‘DUNGEONS’, ‘FORT HALLS’, ‘ FORT CHAMBERS’, ‘FOREST’, ‘TUNNEL’ etc..that gives the movie a ‘Western’ mix to a very Indian story. It shall be a unique movie viewing experience.
– Rakshit Shetty’s movies have always been lauded for being distinct and yet entertaining. He enjoys a great fan following amongst urban audiences for his new age filmmaking
TREATMENT OF THE FILM:
– METICULOUSLY DESIGNED AND EXECUTED ACTION SEQUENCES – VikramMor who had earlier won the National Award for his work in KGF. More than <40 days> of schedule went into shooting the fight sequenes.
– MUSIC – Two songs have been composed by AjaneeshLoknath and the other two by Charan Raj.
-VFX – Close to 2000 VFX shots that have been worked upon. The VFX studio is co-owned by Rakshit Shetty and PushkaraMallikarjunaiah. Along with directing, editing, S1achin headed the VFX department.
DURATION OF PRINCIPAL PHOTOGRAPHY AND THE CHALLENGES INVOLVED IN THE SAME:
- 200 Days of principal photography. (not sure about the challenges need to ask Sachin/Karam)
RAKSHIT’S INVOLVEMENT IN ALL ASSPECTS OF THE FILM:
- Rakshit Shetty has had a hands on collaborative approach in the making of ASN. Right from the writing process to the direction and music, Rakshit always is ready to discuss with the writers and directors of the respective departments to make sure that only the best output can be obtained.
ASN’s ARRIVAL AS AN IDEA:
- Even though fiction and fantasy are a huge part of Indian cinema, ASN jumps into a unique type of Fantasy Fiction, which is it’s take on the spaghetti western. We’ve always had gunslinger stories, cop stories, little town stories, ASN is a unique blend of all of these with an added flavor of its own, known as ‘Southern Odd Fiction’.
WRITERS: THE 7 ODDS- THE RESEARCH INVOLVED:
- The writing process – More than 18 months have been spent on developing the script of ASN. ‘AvaneSrimannarayana’ movie was supposed to be shot even before Kirik Party. However, post Kirik Party, Rakshit teamed up with his writing group – ‘The seven odds’ and they together rewrote the entire script. Only primary character names and one scene was retained from the old script.
- RAKSHIT SHETTY – Known for his block buster ‘KIRIK PARTY’ that was later remade into Telugu. Hindi remake of the same is under production
- Critically acclaimed ‘ULIDAVARU KANDANTE’ which he directed and acted in. He won the state award for the best debut director. The movie was remade into Tamil by the name ‘RICHIE’ in which NivinPauly played the lead.
- After KIRIK PARTY, he spent more than one and a half years on writing the screenplay along with his writers group – ‘THE SEVEN ODDS’
- ChandrajithBelliappa Abhijit Mahesh Sachin (Director) Nagarjun (lyricist) AniruddhaKodgi Abhilash
PUTTING A TEAM TOGETHER: (Not sure)
DIRECTION: (Need to get input from Sachin)
- Karam Chawla works magic with lights and the camera. Creating the storybook like atmosphere for ASN required a Cinematographer who was able to see the written words as the beautiful images they were meant to be, and Karam happened to be that person.
- Ullas Hydoor and team have managed to create beautiful and intricate sets that seem more true to life than film sets. With immense attention given to details, the team has managed to bring the rich visual world of Amaravathi to life.
- Arundati Anjanappa and her team were able to bring the fictional small town 80’s to life with their research and recreation period appropriate costumes as well as dwell into the fun fantasy side with the costumes they created (referenced by actual dacoit costumes of history) for the Abhiras to give them a true larger than life look.
MUSIC/ BACKGROUND SCORE:
- Two songs have been composed by AjaneeshLoknath and the other two by Charan Raj.
- – Ajaneesh has done the background score. There are close to 15 themes that have been composed for the movie and recording of most of these orchestra sessions were done in North Macedonia.
- Sound Design is by RAJAKRISHNAN MR ( National Award winner 2018 for ‘Rangasthalam’)
- With the songs of Narayana leading mainly to further the story and add to the rich fantasy feel rather than be removed from the plot,Imran Sardariya had the task to manage to weave the story itself into his choreography, as task that he manages to do brilliantly, with leading a huge number of dancers in one voice.
– Close to 2000 VFX shots that have been worked upon. The VFX studio is co-owned by Rakshit Shetty and PushkaraMallikarjunaiah. Along with directing, editing, Sachin headed the VFX department.
Pushkara Mallikarjunaiah is a business entrepreneur from Tumkur, Karnataka. He completed his Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical stream from MS Ramaiah Institute of Technology and pursued Masters in Automotive from University of Hertfordshire, London. He started his professional career with SAP as an IT professional for the span of one year. From the year 2008-2016, he was a pivotal businessman in the Stone mining industry. Passion towards cinema existed in him since a tender age. The undying love towards cinema lead to the establishment of Pushkar films in the year 2016. In a short time period, the firm has successfully produced 10 films, marking Pushkara Mallikarjunaiah as one among the few producers in the Kannada Film industry to have produced 10 films in a row. It is his motto to give top-notch quality content to the audience and all the movies released so far from his banner have received high accolade from the audience at the box office as well as critics. As another step towards realising his dream of foraying into all aspects of filmmaking, Pushkar Films Distribution Company was started in October 2019.
Pushkar Films and Pushkar Films Distribution:
Pushkar films is one of the leading production houses in the Kannada Film industry. The debut venture of it was Godhi Banna Sadharana Mykattu which gained unconditional appreciation from the audience. It was declared as a hit at the box office. Kirik Party starring Rakshit Shetty was their next venture which irrespective of age group among the audience, kept them completely entertained. It also holds the record of being one of the three highest earning films in the Kannada Film Industry. Following the stream of hits, the firm produced Humble Politician Nograj which was a laugh riot. Katheyondu Shuruvagide and Jeerjimbe followed the line. At present Avane Srimannarayana, our first Pan Indian project is all set to release in 5 languages worldwide. It is one of the most anticipated films in Kannada Film Industry. With this film, we also venture into distribution of movies with our own firm, Pushkar Films Distribution. Bheemasena Nalamaharaja, Avatar Purusha, Charlie 777 and yet to be titled Malayalam movie are going through the phase of production.
Rakshit Shetty is one of the most dedicated Actor – Director in the Kannada Film Industry. With his first success in ‘Simpallag ondu love story’ he has got the title of ‘Simple Star’. He went through rapid transformations for his films to bring out the reality factor in his characters. The quirky characterization in his writing style is one of the reasons why his films are loved by the cult audience in and around Karnataka.
Rakshit Shetty was first introduced to Kannada audience in 2010 with ‘Nam Areal Ond Dina’, followed by ‘Tugluk’ in 2012. In 2013 Rakshit Shetty delivered the first hit of his career with ‘Simpallag Ond Love Story’. Later on he directed a cult classic ‘Ullidavru Kandante’ which fetched him a National Award for his debut direction. The movie was critically acclaimed and appreciated for its non linear storytelling and incredible characters. But ‘Kirik Party’ gave him a much needed breakthrough in 2016. This Rom-com was one of the highest grosser in Kannada Industry. Rakshit Shetty is now getting ready for his first out and out commercial action film ‘Avane Srimannarayana’ . For the first time Rakshit Shetty is portraying the role of smart yet witty police officer from the 80’s. Rakshit Shetty’s 10th movie as a lead actor is also set to release in 2020 titled as ‘777 charlie’. Rakshit Shetty’s range of story telling remains unparalleled and his ability to play different characters is unparalleled. Today he is recognized as one of the diversified storytellers as well as an actor with impeccable talent in the field of Cinema.
Sachin Ravi is making his directorial debut with Avane Srimannarayana. His intense passion towards Cinema from a very young age prompted him to enter the world of cinemas. He started working as an editor and DI with ‘Simpallag ond love story’. His next two projects, ‘Bahuparak’ and ‘Ulidavaru Kandante’ were slotted in same timeframe, which was a huge responsibility to successfully deliver. This earned him a dignitary status and Ulidavaru Kandante went on to become a cult classic. After doing a couple of movies as editor and colorist, he teamed up with Rakshit Shetty again for Godhi Banna Sadharana Mykattu as Colorist. This combination continued with the box office blockbuster KIRIK PARTY where Sachin worked as editor and colorist. His addiction towards bringing in perfection with every task he took gained him immense respect. Since his initial days in the industry, he has actively been a part of the directing team. He has dedicated 3 years to his first directorial venture Avane Srimannarayana. It is his 8th film as editor.
Avane Srimannarayana is not just a cinema for our team. It is a dream we have put our entire being into. A dream that will decide all our destinies. Nikil Murukan :PRO