Vishal confirmed on Monday that he will reunite with director Linguswamy for the sequel to their highly successful 2005 Tamil actioner Sandakozhi.
“Lingusamy Yuvan Shankar raja Madhie. Luv dis combo. #S2 gonna be a Gud one,” the actor-producer, who is the general secretary of Nadigar Sangam, posted on his online page.
The project was supposed to happen much earlier. However, due to difference of opinion between Vishal and Lingusamy, it got postponed. Recently, they buried the differences and agreed to restart the film.
According to Lingusamy’s brother, Subash Chandra Bose, “Both Lingusamy and Vishal met and discussed this issue recently, and both have decided to bury the hatchet and work together. Allu Arjun’s film with Lingusamy will go on floors in the city by the end of this month, and Vishal’s film might begin in another two or three months’ time.”
A few months ago, after he announced that Sandaikozhi 2 had been dropped and slammed Lingusamy, Vishal lodged a complaint against him in the Tamil Film Producers Council.
“As the producer of the film, I have invested money in the pre-production work. I have also paid advance money to Lingusamy. I wanted to sort out this financial loss amicably, but that didn’t work out. So I have filed complaint,” he said.
Vishal said Lingusamy delayed the project a lot and in that gap, he completed two films- Kathakali and Marudhu. The actor also said the director has now started a film with another hero, without even informing him.