It is always debatable if one should join a coaching or not to crack any competitive exam. Everyone has their own strategy and method for preparing for a certain exam. Some prefer opting for a self study method while others rely for guidance and study material elsewhere. However, like Shah Rukh Khan in his popular movie ‘Dear Zindagi’, Kabhi kabhi hum mushkil rasta sirf is liye chunte hai … kyun ki humein lagta hai, important cheezein paane ke liye humein mushkil rasta apnana chahiye,’ which simply translates to the fact that the easy way is not necessarily the wrong way, and the hard way isn’t necessarily the right one. Therefore, there is nothing wrong with admitting to yourself, your family and peers that you require external guidance because you are not able to manage preparing on your own for an exam, and this is where the CAT 2019 Exam Preparation comes into picture.
Preparing for the CAT exam was never and will never be very easy because it is the screening exam which provides you the gateway to key positions to top management positions worldwide.
The CAT Exam is one of the most sought after exams in the country due to the lucrative salaries and key management positions the MBA graduates receive post completing their graduation. MBA/PGDM Programmes are offered by 20 IIMs of the country along with other over 1000 reputed management institutes in India. The CAT exam is conducted once every year by any of the IIMs on a rotational basis. Notably, CAT 2018 was conducted by IIM Calcutta. The rotating body for CAT 2019 is yet to be announced.
Where CAT 2019 is concerned, you still have over 8-9 months left for your preparation. With so much time on your hands, what you can first do is to browse through several online coachings and see what they bring to the table. Amid a plethora of coachings, you will find many making false promises and there would be some authentic ones, a prominent one among them being CareerAnna, which offers online coaching for CAT, XAT, GMAT, TISSNET and so many more more! It’s course modules are well structured, concise and tackle individual concepts well. It also offers ample study material,videos Mocks, Practice test series for the CAT 2019 exam. Personalised mentorship is also a fine facility for students struggling on any level of the exam, which ensures you ace not even the core competitive exam with the desired percentile but also the second round of admissions, generally the PI-WAT-GD rounds.
Now, preparing for an exam the traditional way and the online way has several differences. However, the latter is easy and allows you to have a laid back schedule and freedom to study from wherever you want to.
Follow the given tips and tricks to ace CAT Exam Online
1. Assuming that you have enrolled into a reputed CAT 2019 Online Coaching, you should attend a free demo class to see what is being taught and how, if they cover the syllabus as per the new mandates and changes made in the syllabus, if the faculty is supportive and encouraging, answers your queries and the past results produced by the coaching centre are in a satisfactory area. Be your own judge when it comes to choosing the best online coaching for yourself.
2. If the CAT 2019 Online Coaching passes this personal screening test, try and pick one as soon as possible to avail discounts on learning programmes or enjoy the facility of first come first serve.
3. Start your individual preparation, identify your areas of strength and weaknesses and have a discussion over the same with your CAT Exam trainer so he/she can tell you the way ahead, where you stand in terms if your preparation and how much effort you require to make your preparation stronger.
4.Be proactive. Take regular sessions for question-solving and doubt clearing, which, by the way is also offered by CareerAnna specially in the form of Real Time Live Sessions. Take regular motivational sessions as well so you stay confident and upbeat during your sessions.
5. Read newspaper editorials and articles daily. Try and improve your reading speed and attempt as many Reading Comprehension passages as you can. Frame questions from them and try to answer them yourself, Also, monitor your time while attempting the RCs.
6. Get as much practice as much as you can! Since you are saving up on additional time while attending the CAT coaching classes from the comfort of your home, try to invest the saved time in writing more Mocks, referring to previous years’ question papers, talking to peers and doing regular revisions on whatever you have covered from the syllabus so far. So, all the very best for the CAT 2019 Exam – we’ve got your covered!