After almost six-months, schools in some states reopened their gates to students of Classes 9-12 with a long list of rules to be followed as per the Covid-19 protocol announced in Unlock 4 by the central government.
Schools in Andhra Pradesh partially opened today with students of classes 9 and 10 permitted to attend amid the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic.However, it is optional only. Only those students whose parents gave an approval letter came to schools.
The students will be allowed to get their doubts cleared and will be sent back. They will not be kept in the school throughout the working hours.
While Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, Gujarat, Kerala, Karnataka and Uttarakhand have said schools will not reopen on September 21, governments of Assam, Andhra Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Meghalaya and Nagaland are permitting school reopening on voluntary basis.
Guidelines announced by government:
– Only senior students allowed to come to school voluntarily if they need any assistance or guidance from their teachers.
– Schools which are in containment zones will remain firmly shut.
– Students would need written permission for parents to attend schools.
– It is advised that classes should be held in open area.
– There will be no assembly or events.
– Cafeterias will remain closed.
– Schools will function at 50 percent capacity while online classes will continue.
– Mandatory thermal screening and hand sanitisation will be carried out at the entrance.
– Deep cleaning of all the classes will be carried out.
– Swimming pools within the school premises will remain closed.