We understand that you may be a little apprehensive about flying, but we would like to reassure you
that we are taking all precautions to keep the threat of COVID-19 at bay.
You can trust us to ensure a safe and secure journey, just as we have done for the last 13 years. We
look forward to welcoming you on-board our very own – Lean, clean flying machine.
Below are some of things we are doing to ensure your safety:
• We are ensuring that social distancing is maintained at all points – airport entry, baggage
drop counters, security checks, boarding gates, coaches, ramp and baggage claim.
• All common surfaces such as the baggage drop counters, boarding gates, coaches, ramps,
wheelchairs, crew vehicles and of course, the aircraft itself, will be thoroughly disinfected
using approved cleaning agents.
• The tray tables, armrests, overhead nozzles, lavatories and galleys will receive special
attention, given the frequency of contact.
• We will disinfect the aircraft before every flight. In addition, we will also follow a periodic
fumigation of the aircraft.
• Before entering the airport or before boarding the aircraft, the body temperature of every
passenger will be checked using non-contact thermal screening devices.
• Electronic receipt (SMS) of the checked-in baggage will be sent to customers.
• We will be handing over a safety kit to you at the boarding gate to make sure you are
• Our ground staff and crew members (cockpit and cabin) will be wearing Personal Protective
Equipment (PPE) appropriate for their roles.
• We will be stopping our inflight meal services to minimize your contact with the crew.
Though, we will be serving water on demand
We also encourage you to follow a few additional steps to ensure your own safety and the safety of
• Download the Aarogya Setu App on your phone for you to be able to fly. Passengers with
‘red’ status will not be allowed to travel.
• Advance web check-in on our website or app is a must. During the web check-in, you are also
required to fill in an online health declaration before being issued the online boarding pass.
You are also requested to print your boarding pass.
• You’ll also be required to check-in your baggage online (20 kg, 1 piece only) Please print your
baggage tag and ensure to affix the same at a prominent place on the bag. Carry only a small
hand bag/ laptop bag, that fits under the seat in front.
• Excess baggage, wheelchair assistance or any other add-on services must be pre-booked
• Reach the airport at least 2 hours prior to your scheduled departure. The baggage drop
counters will now close 1 hour before your flight time.
• Wear your mask and gloves at all times and keep a sanitizer handy.
• Please scan your boarding pass yourself at the boarding gate.
• Practice social distancing at all times.
• Most importantly, use airport rest rooms and have food/water at the airports as much as
possible to minimize movement inside the aircraft. You will not be allowed to consume any
food inside the aircraft.
• Don’t forget that should you use the lavatory; you must wash your hands for 20 seconds.
These 20 seconds of your life will be worth the investment.
I know this email sounds like we are conducting a military drill and we really are. We need to protect
the health of our customers and employees. We want to ensure a hassle-free journey through the
airport with minimal interaction between people and with the highest level of hygiene. We are
working hard to make sure our airports and our aircraft are kept sparkling clean and gleaming.
We are proud to be your reliable partner for the past 13 years and we hope to continue being one in
the future. I know these are tough times, and that this is a new normal, but I am confident that we
will continue to keep you and India flying again, safely and reliably.
Please be assured that we fully intend to build for India, the best air transportation system in the
Take care and stay safe.
Chief Executive Ambassador – Lean, clean flying machine.
IndiGo is amongst the fastest growing carriers in the world. IndiGo has a simple philosophy: offer low
fares and on-time, courteous, hassle-free service. With its fleet of over 250 aircraft, the airline offers
over 1500 daily flights and connects 63 domestic destinations and 24 international destinations. For
more information, please visit www.goIndiGo.in. You can also connect with us on Facebook, Twitter
For any of your travel related queries you can reach us on 0124-6173838 or 9910383838 or email us