- Give us some details about your character in KGF: Chapter 2.
- Adheera is one of the craziest characters I have played so far, it is fearless, powerful and ruthless inspired by Vikings. There was a lot of physical prep required to become Adheera, about 1.5 hours to do the make-up to get the look and a lot of prep mentally to get into the skin of the character. The character required a lot from me in terms of these attributes.
- How was your experience of working with Prashanth Neel?
- Prashanth is a very humble guy, it was a very smooth sailing experience to shoot with him. It was my first time working with him and I had all the comfort from him, it felt like I was always a part of this KGF universe. I share a great rapport with him now, we have shared a lot of anecdotes with each other. His work style is different and his direction has helped me learn a lot.
3.Your character is of an antagonist, do you like playing a baddie on the big screen?
- Every character has its own journey, I enjoy playing characters of this shade. Every role expects different things from you and Adheera did too.
4.What kind of action and fight sequences can be expected between you and Yash in the actioner?
- The film is a sequel of KGF Chapter 1, so you can expect all that and more. Yash and I have a face-off in the film, obviously which was a lot of fun. A lot of props were involved and the sequences are choreographed beautifully, the film is high on Action other than that I want the audiences to enjoy the action in the film without saying too much.
- What was your first reaction after the project was offered to you?
- It is after a long time that such a role was offered to me, I got pumped and excited for it. The character is strong and charged me up to play the role, it was an immediate yes from me!
- How different is this character from all the characters you’ve played before?
A. For me, the script and storyline is what make the character. This one in particular is an insanely charged and ruthless character. This becomes one of my favorite characters in terms of edginess and rawness
How was your experience of working with Yash for the first time?
It was an amazing experience. Yash is really sweet and a gem of a person. He is super talented and a meticulous actor. I had a blast working with him.
Tell us a little about your character in the film.
I wouldn’t want to reveal a lot because it has been quite an interesting and different role. Ramika Sen is quite complex but very powerful at the same time and has got shades of grey. You cannot predict the movement of my character.
Your fans are really excited to see you sharing the screen space with Yash. What kind of messages or DMs/comments have you been receiving?
It’s very overwhelming and the excitement among them has kept me also quite anticipated. They are obviously looking forward to seeing me in this film. KFG 1 had a huge fan following and the 2nd part is also dearly awaited. My first look has quite been loved by my fans and I am sure they are going to love to see Ramika on screen.
Will you be seen performing some high octane action sequences in the film ?
I guess it would be more interesting if you wait and watch!
How did the film happen for you?
I had been very impressed with the storyline of the film and was in talks with the team. Prashanth (Neel) had narrated me the script even before I’d watched the first part. And when I saw it, I found it was absolutely mind-blowing. It was a new-age cinema approach. However, it was also important to be thorough with the storyline and the narrative and how the movie pans out in part 2. And my role itself was so interesting, there could not be a No.
One thing you absolutely loved about collaborating with Prashanth Neel and Hombale Films for the project.
Prasanth’s work is quite powerful. I think that is what makes him special because you can never guess the incredible ideas running behind the mind of his calm demeanour.