The points to emphasise in this release are:
1. This is an unprecedented sixth investment in Jio Platforms in just six weeks.
2. The investment is ₹ 9093.60 crore for a 1.85% stake in Jio Platforms
3. With this investment, Jio Platforms has raised ₹ 87,655.35 crore from leading technology investors including Facebook, Silver Lake Partners, Vista Equity Partners, General Atlantic, KKR and Mubadala.
S No Investor Investment Amount (Rs Crore) % Stake
1 Facebook, Inc. 43,573.62 9.99%
2 Silver Lake Partners 5,655.75 1.15%
3 Vista Equity Partners 11,367.00 2.32%
4 General Atlantic 6,598.38 1.34%
5 KKR 11,367.00 2.32%
6 Mubadala 9,093.60 1.85%
Total 87,655.35 18.97%
4. Mubadala’s investment is at a similar valuation to the other recent PE investments in Jio – equity valuation of ₹ 4.91 Lakh crore and enterprise valuation of ₹ 5.16 Lakh crore
5. This investment is another strong endorsement of Jio’s tech capabilities, disruptive business model and secular long-term growth potential
6. This reaffirms Jio’s continuing attraction among global investors for:
i. being the best representative of India’s digital potential
ii. deep understanding of the Indian markets,
iii. the rapid digitisation opportunity post-covid and
iv. capabilities to bring cutting-edge technologies and tools such as AI, Blockchain, AR/VR, Big data into play for all Indians
7. Mubadala Investment Company is a sovereign investor managing a global portfolio for its shareholder, the Government of Abu Dhabi.
8. Mubadala’s manages a US $229 billion portfolio in five continents with interests in multiple sectors including aerospace, ICT, semiconductors, metals and mining, renewable energy, oil and gas, petrochemicals, utilities, healthcare, real estate, pharmaceuticals and medical technology, agribusiness and a global portfolio of financial holdings across all asset classes.