- D Rahul Shashank developed the Cyber Alert App to counter the increasing risk of cyber-attacks in India
– KL Deemed-to-be University, one of the leading universities in the country for graduation and higher education, has today announced that its student has created Cyber Security app that offers features like e-complaint filing, cyber internships, Cyber Consultation etc. The Cyber Alert app is also the very first cyber security app to be available in English, and Telugu. This unique app is simple, convenient and absolutely crucial to ensure one’s digital security today. India, and world at large, has witnessed a surge in the cases of cyber-attacks and internet-borne threats since the onset of the pandemic. As 2021 created a largely digital workforce and learners, the scope for these attacks also increased manifold.
According to the recent Kaspersky Security Network (KSN) report, India recorded 8.30 crore cyber threats in the second quarter of 2021, a staggering 80% increase from 1.67 crore threats detected in the same quarter last year. As cyber frauds and threats to cybersecurity increase, there is a need for a comprehensive source of information on the crime and the measures to take to safeguard from such crimes. D. Rahul Shashank, a final year student at College of Law, KL Deemed-to-be University, pursuing his bachelor’s degree in BBA, LLB, has recognized this need early during the pandemic. He has developed Cyber Alert to assist users in every step of their journey in safeguarding their digital identity.
The app alerts the users before they fall victim to them. A perfect amalgamation of information, guidance and solution, the Cyber Alert app boasts several features that provide the user, a crystal-clear understanding of the cybercrime and ways to tackle it. Some of these features include:
- Cyber Complaint Filing – A user can file a cyber complaint through the E-Filing link which is provided with the disclaimers in the application.
- Cyber Complaint Tracker / Status – One can check the status of a case which has filed through the application.
- Cyber Materials – Study material on cyber security & cyber laws, I.T Act 2000 & I.T Act 2008, cyber forms and latest cyber security news etc. will be available on the app for the users.
- Cyber Police Stations – A list of the cyber police stations will be available on the app to help users find the nearest cyber police stations by Enabling the GPS / location.
- Cyber Internships – Best opportunity for internships & workshops in the cyber security can be explored on the app.
- Cyber Legal Aid – The Cyber Legal Aid is divided into the two sub modules namely Cyber Expert consultancy and Cyber Volunteers.
The team of entrepreneurs also include Founder & CEO, D. Rahul Shashank, (student of BBA LLB, 2017-22), Co- Founder, Dr. K.I Pavan Kumar, (HoD, Department of Law, KL College of Law), Chief Technical officer, Vinay Are, (KL Alumni, 2012-16) Chairman & M.D – R. Sai Ashish Yashwanth, (student of BBA 2019-22), General Manager, D. Tirumala Tarun (student of B. Tech EEE, 2018-22). The young entrepreneurs also enjoy the strong support of prominent industry experts and thought leaders as the app’s advisory board, carefully curated by KL University’s mentors. The advisory board consists of Mr. Pavan Duggal, a renowned Indian Lawyer, among others. The app is now available for download on google play store.
“Often, unauthorized access to your private information goes undetected by the common users. The increased number of cyber-attacks during the pandemic propelled us to launch the app. The University was quite confident in this venture and supported our journey throughout. We are grateful for the mentorship and guidance provided by the faculty”, said D. Rahul Shashank, Founder & CEO, Cyber Alert.
Congratulating the students bold venture, Dr. G. Pardha Saradhi Varma, Vice-Chancellor, KL Deemed-to-be University, said “We are proud to witness our students undertaking entrepreneurial and leadership roles. According to industry reports, India was placed at 37th place worldwide with respect to most dangers associated to surfing the web. This app is a welcome safety measure to the now widely digital India. At KL Deemed-to-be University, we nurture the creative rollercoaster minds of our young talent to sculpt them as global leaders of tomorrow. This Cyber Alert app will surely be an inspiration to many other students who are hesitant to pursue their ideas”.
Prof N. Rangaiah, Principal, KL College of Law said that the technological interface helps in the effective enforcement of law and to bring about the legal awareness among the commons.
KL Deemed-to-be University, Vijayawada Campus hosts state of the art R&D Labs and Centers for Innovation, Incubation & Entrepreneurship (CIIE) with an objective of creating and nurturing entrepreneurs. The CIIE mentored the creation of over 125+ startups, 300+ entrepreneurs, investment of over 20 crores and 5+ technology commercialization. The University has filed and published over 350 patents thus far.
About KL Deemed-to-be University
Founded in 1980 as KL College of Engineering, KL Deemed to be University brings today an academic legacy of 40 years. It became Deemed University in 2009 and was accredited by NAAC with A++ grade and Category- I Institution by UGC, MHRD, Govt. of India in 2019. It is ranked 35th in the NIRF 2021 rankings of top Universities of India. K L Deemed University is situated in a spacious 100-acre campus in Vijayawada and has another world-class campus in Hyderabad. The University boasts of its collaborations with 60+ foreign Universities across 16 countries providing students international exposure through internships and exchange programs. The intellectual resource at University includes 1,200+ faculty members, out of which 600+ faculty members are Ph.D. holders. The University also rejoices an impeccable placement track record of placing 20,000 students in reputed companies so far.
For more details please visit – https://www.kluniversity.in/