Fire at popular store's canteen at T Nagar

Fire at popular store’s canteen at T Nagar

Four workers were injured in a fire mishap at a textile shop’s canteen, on Natesan Salai at T Nagar in Chennai this morning.

According to sources, the mishap took place at the canteen of Saravana Selvarathnam Stores due to faulty regulator of a cooking gas cylinder in the canteen.

Fire tenders rushed to the spot and the four injured were taken to hospital for treatment. Further inquiries are on.

In May this year, seven workers were injured after a parapet wall of Duraisamy Subway gave way, while they were working on it.
The contractor M.R. Udaya was arrested and later released on bail.

According to police, the six-foot-wide bridge runs across the subway. In order to renovate the structure, the Chennai Corporation had called for tenders.

And in August, traffic was affected on North Usman Road on Sunday evening after tension prevailed at a multi-storey shopping complex over a crack found on the tile of one of the floors.