Fire mishap at Chennai Silks

Fire mishap at Chennai Silks
A major fire broke out this morning at Chennai Silks, a leading textile showroom in Usman Road, T Nagar, the commercial hub of the city.
“The fire began at around 4 am. There was welding work going on, following which the fire broke out. The fire personnel are still putting out the fire,” an official was quoted as saying.
Firemen said the fire could have caused electric short circuit. However, the exact cause was yet to be ascertained.
Twelve men who were working in the canteen on the seventh floor were rescued using a skylift.
 Six fire tenders and several personnel were pressed into the service. They struggled to control the fire for nearly four hours. Police investigation is also on.