TANGEDCO, in a statement, has listed out precautionary measures to be adopted by consumers to avoid electrical accidents in areas where power supply has been restored after the water has receded:
- Dry all electrical gadgets like Fridge, TV, Washing machines, computers etc., thoroughly and get it checked by an electrician before switching them ON.
- Do not touch wet meter boxes, wet switches and wires.
- Check the internal wiring thoroughly by an electrician after the water had dried out.
- If there is leakage in internal wiring wet walls will give electric shock. If the walls and wet, switch off the mains and check for any leakage by an electrician before switching on.
- Do not touch the electric poles / pillar boxes / street light poles.
- Do not dry clothes on electric conductors or wires.
- Do not tie cloth / wires / animals to electric poles.
- Inform the Electricity department if any snapped conductors or wires are noticed.
- Inform the Electricity department in times of spark in the transformers of pillar boxes.