Department of Telecommunications(DoT) issued today Notice Inviting Applications (NIA) for auction of Spectrum in 700 MHz, 800 MHz, 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 2100 MHz, 2300 MHz and 2500 MHz bands. The main features of the NIA are:
- Spectrum has been put on offer in 700 MHz, 800 MHz, 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 2100 MHz, 2300 MHz and 2500 MHz bands.
- Total Spectrum put to auction is 660 MHz in 700 MHz band, 230 MHz in 800 MHz band, 81.4 MHz in 900 MHz band, 313.6 MHz in 1800 MHz band, 175 MHz in 2100 MHz band, 560 MHz in 2300 MHz band and 230 MHz in 2500 MHz band.
- Block size is 200 KHz (paired) in 900 MHz & 1800 MHz bands, 1.25 MHz (paired) in 800 MHz band, 5 MHz (paired) in 700 MHz band, 5 MHz (paired) in 2100 MHz band,10 MHz (unpaired) in 2300 MHz & 2500 MHz bands.
- Validity of auctioned Spectrum shall be 20 years.
- There is option of payment in instalments for successful bidders.
- The auction format is Simultaneous Multiple-Round Ascending (SMRA) e-auction.
- NIA contains details regarding reserve price, pre-qualification conditions, Earnest Money Deposit (EMD), Auction Rules etc.
- The last date for submission of applications for participation in the auction is 5-2-2021.
- Auction is scheduled to commence on 01-03-2021 and will be conducted online.
(Release ID: 1686571)