Cheran slams Irandam Kuthu director

Upset over the poster of Irandam Kuthu, director-actor Cheran has said that the public should boycott such films.

“It’s because of the good box office collection for Iruttu Araiyil Murattu Kuthu’ that the makers have made the second film,” the Porkaalam and Vetri Kodi Kattu maker said.

He added: “This poster is disgusting and we should all condemn it. Let’s nip these kind of films in the bud. I request the state government to ban such films as well.”

Bharathiraja had earlier expressed his displeasure over the teaser of the adult film. The ace director had written in a statement that the such vulgarity shouldn’t find a place in Tamil cinema.

Following this, the film’s director Santhosh Jayakumar hit out at Bharathiraja. However  in his latest statement he has apologised for his tweet in response to Bharathiraja’s letter.

“A regret, An Apology & A promise to @offBharathiraja sir and everyone,” reads his tweet.

In his letter, Santhosh who will be making his debut as an actor has said, “I responded in the heat of the moment and tweeted. It was something that I did without realising what I was doing. After doing it, I felt in my heart that I should not have responded. Therefore, I express my regret for my tweet.”

Additionally, the director has also promised to make sure the upcoming promotional material of his film will be suitable for viewing by all types of audiences.

On Friday, Santhosh has tweeted a photograph from Bharathiraja’s Tik Tik Tik, a 1981 thriller starring Kamal Haasan, Madhavi and others and asked the filmmaker to check his hypocrisy.