As actor Vijay resumed work for his upcoming film Master on Friday after facing raids and interrogation of I-T sleuths, cadres of the state unit of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) staged a protest outside the Neyveli Lignite Corporation (NLC) India Limited for giving permission to the star to go ahead with the shoot in the area.
Saravana Sundadaram, a BJP worker, said, “Shooting of ‘Master’ is underway. The mine is a highly secured area. It is wrong to use the mine for a movie shoot.
We don’t know who gave permission to the movie team. We staged a silent protest outside NLC as the administration requested us to not enter the shooting area. If the shoot continues on Saturday, we’ll stage a different protest.”
Cadres belonging to the ruling central government BJP party conducted protests in front of the second mines site of the Neyveli Lignite Factory (NLC) where Vijay and Vijay Sethupathi were involved in fight sequence.
The protestors demanded that the management of the central government-owned company immediately cancel the permission given to shoot the film and stop the proceedings immediately.
The two-day searches by the Income Tax department on Vijay, AGS Cinemas and financier Anbu Chezhiyan were conducted under the name ‘Operation Chocolate’, sources say.
Vijay’s last venture Bigil was a successful film at the box office, earning more than Rs 300 crore as per trade experts. And now, with the ongoing Income Tax inquiry, the remuneration that Vijay received for Bigil has been revealed.
It is being said that the actor had been paid Rs 30 crore by the makers. The Income Tax officials have reportedly seized Rs 77 crore from the premises of financier Anbu Chelian. A large number of property documents, Promissory notes, post-dated cheques taken as collateral security were recovered during the search and have been seized. As per evidence collected during the search, it is estimated that the concealment, in this case, is likely to exceed Rs 300 crore.