Another lockdown to be imposed from Sept 25? Click here to know truth

Amid rising coronavirus COVID-19 cases in India, the government has rejected reports that another lockdown had been recommended from September 25 to curb the spread of the coronavirus in the country.

The news was denied by Press Information Bureau in a post with a “Fake News” alert. Reports claimed that the National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) had recommended the Centre to impose another lockdown from September 25.

These have gone viral on social media, along with a screenshot claiming to be of the NDMA’s order.

A PIB tweet said, “Claim: An order purportedly issued by National Disaster Management Authority claims that it has directed the government to re-impose a nationwide #Lockdown from 25th September.

#PIBFactCheck: This order is #Fake. @ndmaindia has not issued any such order to re-impose lockdown.”

Meanwhile, Adar Poonawalla, the chief executive of Serum Institute of India (SII), has warned there won’t be enough vaccines against the coronavirus disease (Covid-19) for everyone in the world till the end of 2024, according to a report on Monday.

The CEO of the world’s largest vaccine manufacturer has estimated that the world will need around 15 billion doses of the Covid-19 shot if it is a two-dose vaccine. “It’s going to take four to five years until everyone gets the vaccine on this planet,” Poonawalla told the Financial Times.

The company has partnered with five international pharmaceutical firms, including AstraZeneca and Novavax, to develop a Covid-19 vaccine and committed to producing one billion doses, of which it has pledged half to India.