80 per cent poll promises fulfilled: Stalin

Chief Minister MK Stalin said that his government has fulfilled over 80 per cent of their poll promises so far.

Addressing party workers at a function organised at the party headquarters to felicitate 500 party seniors from Tiruvallur district, Stalin said, “We have fulfilled over 80 per cent of the promises made to the people during the polls. Yes. Another 20 per cent is pending. I do not deny that.”

Recalling the circumstances under which he formed the government, the Chief Minister said, “What was the situation when we returned to power? On one hand, there was the dreaded COVID pandemic. On the other hand, there was a fund crunch and an empty exchequer.”

“If we had fulfilled over 80 per cent of the poll promises by managing the situation, I assure you, Muthuvel Karunanidhi Stalin will fulfil the remaining 20 per cent promises too,” he assured, after adding that in the party’s sixth term as ruling party, his government was functioning on the Dravidian model designed by Thanthai Periyar, Anna and Kalaignar.