3 of a family die at Koyambedu due to gas leak from AC

3 of a family die at Koyambedu due to gas leak from AC

Three persons of a family who were asleep died of a gas leak from the air conditioner in their house in Mettukulam near Koyambedu in Chennai during the wee hours of today.

The victims were identified as Saravanan (38), Kalaiyarasi (30) and their 8-year-old son Karthikeyan.

Police said, the electricity supply was cut around 3 am and was restored by 5 am at Mettukuppam.

Due to high load of voltage, the gas supply in AC seems to have leaked and this led to leakage and killed the three members while they were sleeping.

The bodies of the three persons have been sent to Government Kilpauk Medical College Hospital for post mortem.

Koyambedu police have registered a case and further investigations are on.